Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bright Lights, Little Plastic House


Isabella only got to spend a day and a half at home before we had to go back to the hospital to deal with the jaundice she'd developed. She's been there three nights, and has responded well to the phototherapy (which uses special lights that help her body get over the jaundice). They say that this is a completely treatable condition, and that she'll be fine, but it's unpleasant having our little baby in an incubator in the hospital when we want her home. Later this morning they'll have test results and we'll know if they'll release her or keep her there one more day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood. Sorry I did not say something sooner, I have been following the news on the website and the link that was emailed to me. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I got a little something I have yet to put in the mail, I should get to that this weekend.
Don't worry about the jaundice, 2 of my kids had it. Just the body trying to figure out how to function.
Good luck, welcome to the parent's club, and say goodbye to those lazy weekend sleep ins.
Take care.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

What a lovely baby. And thanks for being one of the few people to enlighten me with your musical meme answers.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Hi Im new to your blog :) I found it through a reply you made on another blog I visit. Your baby is gorgeous and welcome to parenthood!! It wont be long before they clear up the jaundice!!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home