Thursday, January 16, 2003



Just Kids



I'd been annoyed at some of the kids who live in my complex, for doing things like throwing clumps of dirt on my balcony and leaving soda bottles and candy wrappers on the ground. Then one morning, a few weeks ago, as I left my house, I saw one of the kids standing outside his door. As I walked past, I saw the melancholy look on his face, and heard the loud yelling coming from inside. His parents were screaming at each other, in a heated tone that was a little scary. I asked the young guy if everything was OK, and if he was OK, and he said yes. Then I stood and listened for any sounds of physical violence, of which there were none. There's not much to do at a time like that, other than pray for them, and understand why no one is teaching these kids the basics of respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home