Monday, August 12, 2002



I don't recall crossing the date line...



I just got home from a more-than-full day of onsite consulting. This day, though, began with a 4:00 am meeting time. Now, getting up at 4:00 isn't my idea of pleasant, so you can imaging what rising just after 2 does for my countenance. Rising at 2 was made more trying by the fact that I had gone to bed an hour earlier. That hour didn't do the trick. It was one of those times when the alarm sounded like a mistake, as if it had gone off just a minute after I'd set it. Had I even slept? Just enough to make waking painful. I'd been at an evening wedding, which ended at midnight, and involved an extended session of dancing to the latest hits straight from Tel Aviv. Why did I stay until midnight? No, not the young, pretty, worldview-ineligible women I was dancing with. (well, not primarilythe young, pretty, worldview-ineligible women) It was a very good friend's wedding, and he and his new wife were experiencing a very special day, and wanted to share it with those close to them. Their reception had thinned out considerably after dinner was served, and I wasn't about to leave while they were still there, celebrating with those gatherered. So, back to the present, I'm hoping to get some rest starting in a few minutes, as I'm due back tomorrow for another 4:00 am meeting time. But I'm not sure what day it is just yet...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home