Thursday, May 27, 2004

Reprise of a cool experience


Several months ago, when I passed through Dallas/Fort Worth Airport on a cross-country flight,I had noticed a courtesy cart driver who operated in a unique way (I'll get to how in a minute)- it's the kind of thing that I thought of as a blog entry at the time, but I was out of the rhythm of blogging, and never did anything with it. I let it slip, and forgot all about this guy.


Now, it's months later, and I'm back - both at this airport and back to regular blogging. Fortunately, the guy's still here, and I happened to see him as I walked towards the "c" concourse food court and Dickey's Barbecue Pit (As an aside, Dickey's is the place to eat in this airport, and worth passing up the typical Pizza Hut and McDonald's airport food locations to visit if you're here, albeit not as good as my favorite downtown Dallas BBQ, Sonny Bryan's)


Back to the story at hand. This tram driver is great because rather than using the meep-meep horn typical of golf-cart-type airport in-termnal courtesy trams, or the monotone "excuse me please" drone that many drivers use, he sings his plea for people to get out of the way, almost operatically!


"Excuse me please," "Cart coming through" and the ever popular "Beep. Beeeeep" are this performer's greatest hits, sung in a sonorous bellow that gets people out of the way and cheers them up a little. It's loud, deep, and pleasant, and it turns heads. If you're at DFW, see if this guy's driving that day - you gotta hear him for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home