Thursday, May 27, 2004

Reprise of a cool experience


Several months ago, when I passed through Dallas/Fort Worth Airport on a cross-country flight,I had noticed a courtesy cart driver who operated in a unique way (I'll get to how in a minute)- it's the kind of thing that I thought of as a blog entry at the time, but I was out of the rhythm of blogging, and never did anything with it. I let it slip, and forgot all about this guy.


Now, it's months later, and I'm back - both at this airport and back to regular blogging. Fortunately, the guy's still here, and I happened to see him as I walked towards the "c" concourse food court and Dickey's Barbecue Pit (As an aside, Dickey's is the place to eat in this airport, and worth passing up the typical Pizza Hut and McDonald's airport food locations to visit if you're here, albeit not as good as my favorite downtown Dallas BBQ, Sonny Bryan's)


Back to the story at hand. This tram driver is great because rather than using the meep-meep horn typical of golf-cart-type airport in-termnal courtesy trams, or the monotone "excuse me please" drone that many drivers use, he sings his plea for people to get out of the way, almost operatically!


"Excuse me please," "Cart coming through" and the ever popular "Beep. Beeeeep" are this performer's greatest hits, sung in a sonorous bellow that gets people out of the way and cheers them up a little. It's loud, deep, and pleasant, and it turns heads. If you're at DFW, see if this guy's driving that day - you gotta hear him for yourself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline low price ticket
It deals mostly with airline low price ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

1:00 AM  
Blogger tom naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about seafood restaurant

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good volkswagen jetta part post!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf tees golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home